Media Gateways include products from the Ventura and Video Gateway families, as well as the new NX 4600 Media Gateway.
Used by major broadcasters, telcos and other media organizations across the globe, Nevion’s Media Gateways are an award winning line of compact, powerful and cost-effective encoders/decoders and media transport devices designed for real-time contribution and distribution of broadcast quality video and audio over IP and other networks.
Based on industry standards, Nevion’s Media Gateways handle a variety of formats, including:
- Video: SD/HD/3G-SDI uncompressed over IP, ASI over IP, JPEG 2000 (J2K) or H.264/AVC
- Audio: MADI multi-channel audio over IP, analog or digital AES audio over IP
- Data: Built-in network aggregation of IP data traffic
Nevion’s media gateways offer a number of features that are designed to ensure that live signals are never disrupted:
- Built-in monitoring of baseband signal quality and Transport Stream monitoring
- Forwards Error Correction (FEC, compliant to SMPTE 2022)
- Seamless IP Protection Switching (SIPS, compliant to SMPTE 2022-7), for path diversity.
- Launch Delay Offset (LDO) for SIPS, for signal path outage recovery
- Advanced signal loss handling with built-in frame decoder frame sync
- 1+1 equipment redundancy, both at the sender’s end and receiver’s side.
All of Nevion’s Media Gateways have been designed to be easy to manage. The products have web-interfaces that make it possible to configure and monitor them from a variety of devices. The Media Gateways can also be managed and monitored via VideoIPath, Nevion’s media network management system.
Chassis and accessories
H.264/AVC encoder/decoder for ASI, IP and satellite
JPEG 2000 (J2K) encoder/decoder for ASI and IP
Uncompressed SDI over IP
ASI over IP / TS over IP
Audio over IP